Annons:
Etikettforum-in-english
Läst 6567 ggr
[Croneld]
2009-05-09 11:42

Forum in English

Welcome to our website www.gotlandsruss.ifokus.se

Here's were you can discuss with old and new friends about Gotland ponies and those who love them all over the world!

Do you want to read about the site in english and how it works? This is the English version by google language tools, look here!

Christina Croneld
webmaster

Annons:
PernillaJ
2009-05-09 12:23

Welcome all English-speakers! We'd love to hear from Gotland Russ enthusiasts abroad. To participate in discussions you need to register as a member of iFokus. Registration is free.

To register, go to the orange square in the top right corner, BLI MEDLEM REDAN IDAG! Type your chosen username in the white field and click on Nästa steg (if you get a red message, choose another username). Type your username again in the white field Användarnamn. Choose a password and type it in the white field Lösenord. Verify the password (Lösenord igen). Enter your e-mail address. Tick the box saying you agree to respect the standard rules of iFokus. Click Bli medlem.

If you encounter problems registering, please send me an e-mail (pernilla_jobs at hotmail.com) and I'll do my best to help.

MagganS-B
2009-05-09 13:16
jamsturningpt
2009-05-09 18:14

Hej! Okay, that's almost all the Swedish I know at the moment. Thanks Pernilla for inviting us to participate in your Forum. I'll have to pull out my dictionary to read some of the posts. News from North America: Let's see, Jerry Maiers and his wife, are creating a Scandinavian Farm Park on an island in Wisconsin. They purchased 8 or Marge Griffin's Russ and are planning on breeding. Gloria (who will join this Forum I'm sure and tell you more) and Mike Piluso just had their first Russ foal on April 30, an adorable colt by Hillstead Jesse out of Kokovoko Gretel. I know Leslie is awaiting a few foals. This is much better than last year when we had NO Gotland foals in all of North America born as far as the Registry knows. Personally, I'm planning on breeding 3 or for mares this year. Everybody here is being very cautious because of the economic conditions. It's hard to breed ponies when we don't have much of a market for sales. With the current economic downturn, many feel that the horse market will suffer for the next several years. I think those of us who breed horses are always optimists! 

I won't go on and on, but feel free to contact me if you wish. Also, Pernilla, is there a way I can have notification to my email when there's new posts to the forum, or do I just need to check it regularly myself? Thanks again. Love to hear about Russ activities elsewhere. It should inspire us!

Oh I just scrolled down and saw those buttons, but I'm not totally sure which one to choose--can you guide me. I assume one is via email, then I get lost.

Joyce M - GRANA Registry & Turning Point Farm

PernillaJ
2009-05-09 23:51

#0 Wow, that's a really cool and useful feature (make sure to check out the Google translation tool in Christina's tip everyone)!

#3 Hej Joyce! We'll teach you more Swedish yet… It's lovely to hear of new American breeders starting out, and of foals being born. I had an e-mail from Gloria (who I hope will log on here herself soon), see below. I've never used the e-mail notification service, but now that I check it's right there a little way down this page (below the latest entry). Click the blue button to the far left, BEVAKA VIA E-POST.

PernillaJ
2009-05-09 23:54

"JESSE'S JAMES" MADE A DARING ENTRY AT THE HONNY G RANCH IN BAKER COUNTY (FLORIDA), AT 4 AM THIS MORNING, APRIL 30, 2009.

ACCORDING TO THE LOCAL SHERIFF, (ONE ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIEL NAMED MAGGIE) THERE WAS QUITE A RUCKUS DOWN AT THE OK CORRAL.

AFTER WAKING ALL THE INHABITANTS OF THE RANCH, RANCHHANDS MADE THEIR WAY THROUGH A THICK FOG AND CHILL, TO FIND JESSE ALREADY STANDING AND DOWNING A DRINK.

AFTER BOOKING HE AND HIS MOTHER, GRETEL, INTO THE LOCAL STALL, HE WAS WEIGHED-IN AT 54LBS (24,5 kilograms); STANDING 30 INCHES (76 centimetres) HIGH AT THE WHITHERS; AND APPROXIMATELY 32 INCHES (81 centimetres) LONG.

THE CULPRIT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS EVENT TURNS OUT TO BE HIS SIRE, KNOWN AS ONE "JESSE", FORMERLY OF THE HILLSTEAD GANG OPERATING OUT OF TRIADELPHIA, WEST VIRGINIA.

BOOKING PHOTOS OF THE SUSPECT ARE FOLLOWING.

link to the foal's pedigree

Jesse's James, born April 30th 2009

SigneK
2009-05-11 14:37

# 5 Skrattande

Congratulations!

Annons:
MrsM
2009-05-17 00:25

#3 Good Luck for 2009. Wish you all the best for the future. Fascinating to enjoy the Gotlandsruss  in English.

/Mrs M

StuteriQveiar
2009-05-19 21:38

That's a good idea to start a website in English for Gotland ponies! Skrattande

As I am also a breeder of Caspians, which there are very few of in the world, I have written in both English and Swedish at my own stud website for Gotland ponies and Caspians.

If you, or any other for that matter, who happens to more easily understand English, wishes to read of both Gotland ponies and Caspians, you are welcome to visit my site at:

http://www.stuteriqveiar.dinstudio.se

Best regards

Anna

GreatGotlands
2009-05-21 21:58

I'm here too! I live next door to Pat Phelan, and am lucky to ride one of her mares, RussHaven's Red Willow.  This summer sounds pretty good for Gotlands here in North America!

Pat is planning to breed 2 of her mares this spring, for May-June 2010 foals.

Two more young Gotlands have joined the competitive scene; with Willow's two offspring now trained and going on local rides.  Lots of people are asking about the breed.  I even wrote an article, that got accepted by a small national horse magazine (Horse Country), that is about non traditional breeds in distance riding, and it features the Gotlands of course!

I hope to see Kit competing with Belle again in the CDE, it gets me excited to get Willow in harness!

There are now Gotlands in Alberta!  And one of the 2010 foals is spoken for and going to live with the other Gotlands, Blackberry.

I have created a new website for Russ Haven, check it out… http://russhavenfarm.webs.com

MagganS-B
2009-06-21 11:30

Här kan ni läsa om Russhaven's Red Willow och Jen när dom varit på distansritt i veckan!

MagganS-B
2009-10-13 09:32
Bild 1. Klicka för att öppna i full storlek.

Fick mail från Leslie Bebensee, KY, i dag. Hon har satt samman sitt fyrspann och skriver så här:

It was SO much fun. The occasion was the "National Drive" at the Kentucky Horse Park (site of the World Equestrian Games next year). I was driving Noria, Erlking, Halley and Felicity, all home bred at Kokovoko. Erlking, Felicity and Halley are purebreds, but Noria (the larger one) is just half Gotland, as one regular wheeler was lame (and I learned today will not get well… a hock ligament tear), and the other was nursing a foal. Noria had never been driven in a four before. The others had once, two years ago!!   My groom is Lyle Peterson from North Carolina.   Such a dream come true!!   Hugs, Leslie

MagganS-B
2009-10-13 09:33
Bild 1. Klicka för att öppna i full storlek.

En bild till…..

PernillaJ
2010-10-13 22:32

The Gotland Russ Association of North America (GRANA) was sadly dissolved in 2007. Recently however a new organization has been formed, the Gotlandruss Pony Preservation Society. Best of luck to the new society and to all fans of the Gotlandsruss in America!

Annons:
Upp till toppen
Annons: